Doonbeg, through the natural extension of its shipping and mining businesses, has developed a practice in niche project finance. Doonbeg has advised on projects that have included ports, terminals, and warehousing and logistics facilities. Doonbeg has expanded its specialty project finance business into the alternative and renewable energy industries and waste stream repurposing projects. Below are two (2) transactions that Doonbeg is currently working on:
Renewable Diesel Projects:
- Doonbeg is advising a California based project development company in structuring and financing the acquisition and conversion of two (2) pre-existing diesel plants in Nevada.
- The 2 Nevada based facilities will produce upon conversion approximately 7,500 barrels a day of renewable diesel to be sold into the California market. The fuel will be produced from agricultural and used cooking oil(s) feedstock.
- The 2 facilities will be funded by approximately $260 million in senior debt guaranteed by the US Department of Agriculture along with mezzanine debt and equity capital of approximately $50 million.
- A third facility, planned for Lake Charles, Louisiana, will produce 6,000 barrels a day combining the agricultural oil feedstock with an additional technology that utilizes waste biomass. The construction budget will be approximately $600 million.
Doonbeg is aligned with certain project development specialist firms wherein the structuring and financing of projects is the firms responsibility. This frees the development firms to focus on all development, engineering and operational matters.
Doonbeg has formed a Regulation D company, Doonbeg Insured Project Funding I, LLC (“SIPF”), to raise and manage capital that it will direct toward pre-development and bridge financing of certain eligible projects that the firm originates.
Doonbeg’s expertise includes:
- Direct senior management experience within the partners group in development of major road, rail, terminal, storage, production and resort facilities.
- Managing projects in multiple geographies including developed, emerging, and frontier markets.
- Structuring, financing, acquisition, and disposition of projects.
- Dedicated focus to renewable, alternative, and waste stream repurposing projects.