Doonbeg connects the dots around the globe between ship owners and maritime asset focused investors. Doonbeg has developed investment strategies to realize attractive returns in the shipping industry. Doonbeg has formed these strategies into a dedicated investment platform that is focused on realizing risk-arbitrage profits from structured finance shipping transactions.
Doonbeg’s team of professionals brings a tremendous amount of maritime experience in all facets of the shipping spectrum including dry cargo, both clean product and crude tankers, containers, cruise ships and ferries, and other specialized vessels including the off-shore oil and gas industry. The geographical expertise of our maritime team spans to all corners of the globe, and many of our partners have held executive positions in commercial shipping enterprises as well as have owned commercial shipping and related service companies. Below is an example of a transaction that Doonbeg has been working on:
Dry Cargo Shipping Company:
- Doonbeg is participating in the formation of a dry cargo-centered, Newco ship owning and commercial management company along with major strategic partners that have longstanding franchises and expertise in the commercial shipping markets.
- The Newco will be managed by a CEO with 30+ years of experience in fleet management, both wet and dry cargo. Additionally, the CEO has gathered significant experience in the utilization of cargo and transport derivatives in order to create synthetic commercial shipping investments while managing the transport group at a major commodity trading firm.
- The Newco will have significant access to off-market fleet and vessel acquisitions owing to its proprietary relationships, especially in Asia.
- Anticipated capital targets are $100 million in equity at the ship owning level (SPV’s), $10 million in strategic investment from partners, and a minimum $200 million debt facility for acquisitions.
Doonbeg’s Expertise Includes:
- Capital raising
- Commercial and technical shipping expertise